roughly Canon DP-V2730 27″ 4K HDR Reference Monitor – Arms-on Interview will cowl the most recent and most present suggestion within the area of the world. entrance slowly suitably you perceive capably and appropriately. will addition your information skillfully and reliably
Throughout IBC 2022, we had the chance to take a better take a look at Canon’s newest HDR reference monitor: the Canon DP-V2730. This 27-inch 4K UHD show has a peak brightness of 1,000 nits, has 4 SDI and one HDMI inputs, and nearly each monitoring software you could possibly need. So let’s take a better look throughout our in depth hands-on video!
Forward of IBC 2022, Canon unveiled a brand new 15-120mm T2.95-3.9 zoom lens, the Canon EU-V3 Modular Growth Unit, and a firmware replace for the C500 Mark II and C300 Mark III, and 4 new 4K camcorders plus a PTZ digital camera. That was an enormous announcement day for the corporate, however a brand new fully-featured reference monitor caught our eye: the Canon DP-V2730.
Options of the Canon DP-V2730
Canon’s Aron Randhawa took just a little time on the IBC 2022 present flooring to provide us a tour of their newest DP-V2730 HDR reference monitor. In a nutshell, these are the principle specs:
- 27-inch/68.5 cm 16:9 show with 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 decision.
- The panel of the DP-V2730 is a TFT a-Si energetic matrix LCD with Matrix Array LED backlight. You’ll be able to obtain deep black ranges as little as 0.001 nits with native dimming.
- It has a normal brightness of 100 nits, the utmost reference luminance stage for SDR ranking. As well as, it has a most brightness of 1,000 nits for HDR grading.
- As for the video inputs, it has 4 SDI ports (12G SDI) and an HDMI port. You may additionally discover 4 SDI outputs, built-in audio system, a headphone jack if wanted, and two stereo mini-jacks on the entrance and rear.
- The DP-V2730 has one RJ-45 port and one USB A port.
As you’ll be able to see, it is a totally featured skilled reference monitor. However relating to HDR colour grading, that is the place the Canon DP-V2730 shines.
HDR monitoring and ranking instruments
HDR grading is slowly turning into the brand new normal with the enlargement of the dynamic vary of cinema cameras. Nonetheless, most filmmakers, myself included, nonetheless have not correctly up to date our studio monitoring instruments to grade footage within the HDR10/HLG colour area. In actual fact, the brightness ranges and general dynamic vary are completely different from SDR.
To assist colorists and post-production homes make a clean transition into the HDR world, Canon designed the DP-V2730 with many distinctive and invaluable HDR monitoring options, together with:
- Waveform/HDR vectorscope.
- HDR histogram, false colour and overrange checker.
- In fact, you’ll nonetheless discover the normal RGB Parade waveform.
- A helpful HDR/SDR comparability.
- A handy multi-information view.
- A novel pixel worth checker to precisely take a look at the values of an space.
- Chromaticity show, body luminance monitor and BT.2020 out of gamut view.
As you’ll be able to see, most of those monitoring instruments are right here that can assist you obtain your ranking and ensure you keep within the HDR ranking zone.
Costs and availability
The Canon DP-V2730 shall be obtainable from the top of February 2023. Its official retail worth is $18,999.
For extra info, go to Canon’s web site right here.
Did you want our hands-on video of the DP-V2730? What options did you want probably the most? Be at liberty to tell us within the feedback beneath!
I hope the article about Canon DP-V2730 27″ 4K HDR Reference Monitor – Arms-on Interview provides keenness to you and is beneficial for calculation to your information
Canon DP-V2730 27″ 4K HDR Reference Monitor – Hands-on Interview